Law Clinic Services
Practically the Law Clinic offers the following services towards the advancement of the legal exercise of freedom of expression;
- We provide expert legal advice and opinion on freedom of expression (free speech, media freedom, access to information) matters.
- Intervene and / mediate on behalf of persons experiencing barriers to exercising their right to freedom of expression e.g. in the workplace, school etc. as well on behalf of persons against whom threats of legal action has been made based on having expressed information that pertains to those threatening the legal action.
- Assist in the process of obtaining access to information by any party making such request as guided by the Promotion of Access to Information Act.
- Where required, undertake litigation on behalf of clients of the FXI,
- Intervene in matters already in the court process as amicus (friend of the court) to give expert opinion.